三国全面战争孟获 www.ydfwz.icu We all know that great Thai food can be found in the most humble shophouse or even by the roadside. But if you’ve travelled a long way and wish to treat yourself to something more sophisticated, here are great Thai restaurants in Bangkok for a special treat.
Some of these restaurants come with a price, but remember, this is a whole dining experience, with the service, ambience and other small touches that separate the great from the good. Most of all, these restaurants offer the chance to discover the true tastes of Thailand, all created by the most renowned Thai chefs. It's not just about food; it's about cuisine.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Issaya is a 100-years-old house that stands proudly in the middle of a luscious green garden. With its wooden verandah and old fashioned staircase, it instantly sets a romantic mood, making it a perfect place for duo dining.
This is not another pretty tourist place: Thais, expats and the few travellers who make the effort to discover it are unanimous – the combined charm of a heritage house, exceptional service and the renowned culinary flair of Chef Ian Kittichai makes Issaya Siamese Club an outstanding restaurant. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 4 Soi Si Akson, Thung Maha Mek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 672 9040
Recognised for many years as one of the best Thai restaurants in Bangkok, Bo.Lan is not your everyday local eatery. This is the kind of place to invite your discerning friends or for when you want to impress visitors who think they ‘tried it all before’.
The name 'Bo.Lan' comes from the 2 chefs 'Bo' (Duangporn Songvisava) and 'Dylan Jones' who were both inspired and worked under the supervision of Michelin-starred chef David Thompson at Nahm London. Read More...
- Opening Hours: lunch: Thursday–Sunday from midday to 2.30pm, dinner: Wednesday – Saturday from 6pm to 10.30pm (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Location: 24 Sukhumvit Soi 53, Khlong Tan, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 260 2962
Sala Rim Naam at the Mandarin Oriental www.ydfwz.icubines all the elements to offer one of the best romantic Thai dining experiences in the city. This isn’t an easy thing to achieve with so many great restaurants all around town. Sala Rim Naam succeeds by combining a few key elements.
One is the amazing location by the riverside – not 2 meters from the water, but right next to your table! Another is the legendary Mandarin Oriental service and, of course, all these would be meaningless without the key ingredient of a truly great place: the food. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 7pm to 10pm
- Location: Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, 48 Oriental Ave, Khlong Ton Sai, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 659 9000
Nahm serves Thai cuisine prepared according to ancient recipes with a focus on how the flavours and textures of premium quality ingredients interact together. It’s consistently ranked among the finest restaurants in the world, and with a Michelin-star chef at the helm.
Whether you are a longstanding visitor to Bangkok or it is your first time eating traditional Thai food, Nahm will both surprise and delight you with fantastic dishes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from midday to 2pm and from 6.30pm to 10.15pm
- Location: Como Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok, 27 Sathon Tai Rd, Thung Maha Mek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 625 3388
Baan Home Cuisine
Baan Restaurant on Wireless Road is a hidden place serving real Thai family cooking, all prepared by the very talented Chef Ton from the now-famous Ledu Restaurant in Silom. The food at Baan (which means ‘home’ in Thai) is 100% Thai without compromise – Chef Ton has brought these recipes from his childhood and added his knowledge of traditional ingredients and cuisine.
So if you’ve been living in Thailand for a while or are a frequent visitor, names listed on the menu such as Som Tum and Kao Pad will definitely look very familiar. Some might (and will) ask why should you pay more to eat dishes that can be found on the streets for half the price. The answer is simple: this is what makes the difference between ‘food’ and ‘cuisine’; between ‘cooking’ and ‘home cooking’ (in addition to a cosy restaurant with air-con, of course). You can find it next to Lumpini Park, near the Japanese Embassy.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Monday from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- Location: 139/5 Wireless Road, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 655 8995
Long Table offers Thai fusion, so if you’re a fan of local food there’ll be dishes that you’ll easily recognise, at least in writing. Nothing looks quite like you imagine it to here, and we really appreciate the chef’s innovation.
Mouthwatering starters include a serving of 5 deep-fried tiger prawns lined up in a row, served on a fried betel leaf, with crispy, browned lemongrass sprinkled on top. You then drizzle them in a sweet-sour tamarind sauce. Each dish arriving at the table is pleasingly aromatic, and the flavours are distinctly Thai. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 2am
- Location: C.T.I. Tower, 25th Floor, 48 Sukhumvit Soi 16, Khlong Toei, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 302 2557
Fantastic views, delicious food, a warm atmosphere and friendly service come together at Saffron Thai restaurant, ensuring that every visitor gets an authentic taste of Thailand. All are served with Banyan Tree’s special brand of hospitality.
The restaurant is split over 2 levels, high above the city on the 52nd floor of the Banyan Tree Hotel on Sathorn Road. The closest station is Lumphini MRT, but we recommend taking a taxi; the hotel is well known to taxi drivers. There is a smart casual dress code at Saffron restaurant, so no flip-flops, shorts, sportswear or open shoes for men. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 21, 100 S Sathon Rd, Thung Maha Mek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 679 1200
Thanying is a delightful restaurant owned by M.R. Sorut Visuddhi, son of Princess Sulabh. Royal cuisine doesn't mean overly complicated dishes but requires using only the best fresh ingredients, an elegant presentation and everything cut so that a guest never has to use a knife, the fish should be absolutely boneless and many other details that help to make the distinction between food and cuisine.
Thanying is set in a charming classic house with a small shaded terrace on the side. The interior is elegant without being too sophisticated, with a lot of vintage wood furniture and chandeliers. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 10pm
- Location: 10 Pramuan Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 236 4361
Steve Café combines several successful key ingredients: a great riverside location with no tall buildings blocking the view, thousands of silvery fish swimming around as locals feed them, and a permanent ballet of old-fashioned wooden boats passing by almost silently.
The second most important thing is, of course, the food, very Thai, using quality ingredients and cooked with passion. The menu even says that no dishes are cooked in advance, therefore some dishes can take time to prepare and when the restaurant is full, which is every night, it can be a bit slow. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10.30pm
- Location: 68 Sri Ayuthaya Road, Soi Sri Ayuthaya 21 (Devet), Vachiraphayabaan, Dusit, Bangkok 10300, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 281 0915
Owner Eh opened Supanniga Eating Room, inspired by his grandmother’s recipes. It serves an appetizing range of traditional Thai dishes from both her hometown in Trat (by the east coast) and Khon Kaen (northeast) where the family is now based.
With comfortable but chic decor, an outside terrace and some strong martinis, this restaurant on Thong Lor is worth a trip along the road to Soi 8. It’s very easy to find, in an old shop-house just a few metres before the Ei8ht lifestyle mall on the right-hand side if you are coming from the BTS (Thong Lor). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 5.30pm to 11pm
- Location: 160/11 Sukhumvit Soi 55, Khlong Toei, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 714 7508
The House Of Smooth Curry is a Thai restaurant in Bangkok that serves traditional Thai dishes created with the finest ingredients in a warm and attractive dining room. The service and food quality is 5-star but the atmosphere is unstuffy, and once you’ve discovered this gem you’ll want to come back for more.
Smooth Curry is located on the 3rd floor of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel, on Wireless Road. Getting there is simple: it’s only a 5-minute walk from the Skytrain at Ploen Chit and taxis will be familiar with the hotel name. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: The Athenee Hotel, 61 Wireless Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 650 8800